Would you like to know the topics in the syllabus where all your WAEC Literature questions will come from?
In this library…
You will see and download your current WAEC syllabus for Literature theory and objective examination in SSCE and GCE this year.
There will be three Literature papers – Papers 1, 2 and 3. Papers 1 and 2 will a composite paper and will be taken at one sitting.
Now to the syllabus…
WAEC Literature syllabus (1)
Paper 1 will be a multiple choice objective test. It will contain fifty questions distributed as follows:
- (a) Twenty questions on General Knowledge of Literature;
- (b) Five questions on an unseen prose passage;
- (c) Five questions on an unseen poem;
- (d) Twenty context questions on the prescribed Shakespearean text.
Candidates will be required to answer all the questions within 1 hour for 50 marks.
WAEC Literature syllabus (2)
Paper 2 will be an essay test with two sections, Sections A and B.
- Section A will be on African Prose.
- Section B on Non-African Prose. Two essay questions will be set on each of the novels prescribed for study.
Candidates shall be required to answer one question only from each section within 1 hour 15 minutes for 50 marks.
WAEC Literature syllabus (3)
Paper 3 will be on the Drama and Poetry components of the syllabus. It will be put into four sections A, B, C and D as follows:
- Section A: African Drama
- Section B: Non-African Drama
- Section C: African Poetry
- Section D: Non-African Poetry
There shall be two questions on each of the prescribed drama texts for Sections A and B. There shall also be two questions for each of the poetry sections ie Sections C and D.
Candidates shall be required to answer one question from each of the sections, making a total of four questions. The paper will take 2 hours 30 minutes to complete and will carry 100 marks.
- (i) The Unseen Prose passage for Paper 1 shall be about 120 – 150 words long.
- (ii) Only context questions shall be set on the Shakespearean text. The context questions will test such items as theme, characterization, style and setting in the Shakespearean text.
- (iii) No essay question shall be set on the Shakespearean text.
Download WAEC syllabus for Literature PDF
Click on the link below to start your instant download of the WAEC syllabus for Literature now.
Do you have something to ask on this WAEC syllabus for Literature? Comment below and a staff or fellow Topper will reply you.Let others know