Would you like to know the exact topics in the syllabus where all your JAMB English questions will come from?
In this Library…
You will see and download your current JAMB syllabus for English as well as the structure of the English exam for JAMB this year.
It is compulsory that you register for Use Of English in JAMB, irrespective of your selected course or institution.
The JAMB syllabus for English will consist of 3 sections.
SECTION A: Comprehension/Summary
- 1 comprehension passage – 5 questions.
- 1 cloze passage – 10 questions
- 1 reading text – 10 questions.
SECTION B: Lexis and Structure
- Sentence interpretation – 5 questions
- Antonyms – 5 questions
- Synonyms – 5questions
- Sentence completion – 10 questions.
SECTION C: Oral Forms
- 10 questions
- Total: 60
See JAMB English syllabus
The PDF version of this syllabus is available for your free download at the bottom of this Library.
(d) argumentation / persuasion
- Each of the two passages to be set (one will be a cloze test) should reflect various disciplines and be about 200 words long.
- Questions on the passages will test the following:
- Comprehension of the whole or part of each passage.
- Comprehension of words, phrases, clauses, sentences, figures of speech and idioms as used in the passages.
- Coherence and logical reasoning (deductions, inferences, etc).
- Sweet Sixteen, Bolaji Abdullahi
- Synthesis of ideas from the passages.
Lexis and Structure
(d) clause and sentence patterns
(e) word classes and their functions
(f) mood, tense, aspect, number, agreement / concord, degree (positive, comparative and superlative) and question tags.
(g) punctuation and spelling
(h) ordinary usage, figurative usage and idiomatic usage are to be tested.
(a) Vowels (monothongs and diphthongs)
(b) Consonants (including clusters)
(c) Rhymes (including homophones)
(d) Word stress (monosyllabic and polysyllabic)
(e) Intonation (words emphatic stress)
Download JAMB syllabus for English PDF
Click on the link below to start your instant download of the JAMB English syllabus now.
Do you have something to add to or ask on this JAMB syllabus for English? Comment below and a staff or fellow Topper will reply you.Let others know