JAMB portal or dashboard as most aspirant prefer calling is like the C.P.U Of getting Admission.
It is where almost every thing concerning your admission is displayed including your O’level, your school, institution and all your personal details.
Once you register for JAMB, your portal is automatically created with your registered email and password. So, everyone who registered for JAMB has a JAMB portal.
HOW TO LOGIN THE PORTAL
- Go to Google and type login JAMB Portal or you can also read an article by Myschoolbeam.
- Or click on the link (portal.jamb.gov.ng) to be redirected to the JAMB site.
- Input your email address and password as your login details.
WHAT TO DO ON YOUR PORTAL:
If it is an email address that has been used for a previous jamb, all you have to do is to update it to the current year.
There is no need to panic about that.
The portal contains a lot of tabs with different uses, each tab has a specific action it perform.
But let us talk about the major things that you can do on your portal.
HOW TO CHECK IF YOUR O‘LEVEL RESULT IS ON JAMB PORTAL
It is not a new thing for any aspirant to know the JAMB policy of “NO O’LEVEL RESULT, NO ADMISSION”.
Even if you uploaded your results during registration, it is important you check everytime to confirm that your results are still on JAMB portal.
How do you check?
- Login your JAMB portal, and scroll down.
- If you are using a phone, put it on desktop mode.
- Click on check admission status.
- Input your JAMB registration number.
- Click on access my CAPS. Do not click on check admission status at this stage, until you have been admitted.
- A list of options will appear at your top left corner.
- Click on my o’level. And your o’level result will appear.
If it writes “No O’level uploaded“. Run to the CBT centre as soon as possible. And even if you uploaded during registration, you have to upload again. Got that?
HOW TO ACCEPT YOUR ADMISSION ON JAMB PORTAL
After writing post UTME, what every aspirant expect is ADMISSION.
Nobody knows the exact day, he or she will be admitted. So, it’s therefore advisable to be checking your admission status at least every 2 days.
(It is possible for JAMB to send you a text message informing you to go and accept your admission but this does not work for everyone).
HOW TO CHECK YOUR ADMISSION STATUS
- Login your portal. (Always put your phone on desktop mode and make sure you are not using Opera mini, Chrome browser is much better).
- Scroll down and click on check Admission status.
- Input your JAMB registration number and check if it is 2020 UTME.
- Click on access my CAPS and a list of options pops up at your top left of your screen.
- Click on Admission status, and your admission status will be displayed including few of your details like your subject combination, course, school and JAMB registration number.
Below your details is accept or reject admission. If you have been given admission, you will see congratulations accept or reject your admission.
Meanwhile, if you have not been admitted, the accept or reject button will not be clickable.
Also at your top left are other options like market place and transfer approval. What are they for?
WHAT TO DO WITH MARKET PLACE ON YOUR JAMB PORTAL
Most aspirant do not know the importance of market place on their portal.
Market place on JAMB portal is where you see other schools that are considering you for Admission.
It is mostly for those who may not be admitted by their school of choice. So, other schools will now show their interest in such candidate.
When searching for Admission, especially when admission process of your school of choice is coming to an end, keep checking your market place to see if any school has interest in offering you Admission.
Once there are schools on your market place, it is now left for you to accept the offer from them or reject it. But make sure you know about the school before accepting their admission.
Accepting the admission on your market place does not hinder the school you are processing previously.
Another special thing you will see on your portal is Transfer Approval. What could that be?
TRANSFER APPROVAL ON JAMB PORTAL
This is what aspirant who did not meet their school merit cut-off mark will make use of.
Transfer approval means that the current SCHOOL you are seeking admission from wants to offer you admission but into a different program or course.
You have to either accept the new program or reject it. Once you accept it, forget about the current course you are pursuing because it will be changed.
Schools always change the course of those who did not meet up with the merit cut-off mark and to let the new course reflect on your portal, you have to accept it on your transfer approval.
MAJOR TABS YOU SEE ON JAMB PORTAL AFTER LOGGING IN
Immediately after you login, you will see a list of options that is where you can do things like change of course and institution and also correction of data.
HOW TO DO CHANGE OF COURSE AND INSTITUTION ON YOUR JAMB PORTAL..
- Login to your JAMB portal.
- Click on Registration.
- Click on 2020 UTME data correction.
- Select Institution and course correction.
You will also see some other things that you can do on your portal without even going to the CBT centre.
Correction of date of birth, gender,state and local government area and names.
- Click on make payment an OTP will be sent to you with which you will use in completing the change of data you want to carry out.
- You can also check your JAMB and mock result on your portal if the 55019 code is not working or if you can not check it through the result checking portal.
Do you know it is from your portal that you will print your admission letter?
HOW TO PRINT YOUR ADMISSION LETTER ON JAMB PORTAL
- Login with your Chrome browser.
- Click on ADMISSION LETTER.
- Follow the next payment procedures. Note that you can not request for admission letter If you have not accepted your admission on your portal.
You have to accept your Admission before you can print admission letter.
Admission Letter is not free, it cost 1500 excluding Cafe charges.
Another special thing on your portal is JAMB original result. You will see PRINT RESULT on one of the tables when you scroll down.
This Result is quite different from the one you print for free. This is called original result because it contains your photo and other relevant details about you like your choices of institution and courses too.
Even though you can print it anytime, it is not advisable to print the result when you have not been admitted, except your school requires it during post UTME, there is no need to be in a haste to print your jamb original RESULT.
Because you with pay for the printing, so what if you do not get admitted?
Now alot of candidates accessing JAMB PORTAL/CAPS have had lots issues and asked different questions when they try to access it.
Some of the questions have been answered below
- Anytime I Login I only see welcome?
Your phone is not on desktop mode, please put your chrome browser on desktop mode to see other options.
- The space to put password is not showing when I try to login?
You are definitely not using Chrome browser but Opera mini. You can not login your portal without Chrome browser.
- I used last year email and my portal is bringing last year details?
At first, you are not supposed to use a previous email. Now that the deed has been done, what to do is simple.
When you login, you will see the previous year, all you have to do is update it to the current year.
That can be done simply by clicking on the previous year, and a list of options will pop up on your screen. Select the current year, and that is it.
- I Lost my Jamb portal login details.
This is quite a hard one. Most especially if your email is not verified.
But all you have to do when you try to login and it says incorrect mail and password is to login your email, not from JAMB Portal but like the normal login to Gmail account, then scroll down to the day you registered for JAMB (on your inbox).
A mail was sent to you from jamb containing your correct login details. Copy that mail and use it to login. It is supposed to login perfectly.
Do you have further questions about JAMB portal? Post it in the comment box below, and we will help out as soon as we can.
Let others know
Original Post By: FASHINA SAMSONFounder & Head Editor of Myschoolbeam